Most Global Hope India teams stay in hotels so not to burden our partners. Here’s some tips you’ll want to know about hotels in India…
- Expect your room key to be necessary to turn the power on in your room. Once in the room look for a slot on the wall just inside the door where you’ll insert your keyring in order to power your room.
- Once you’re room is powered, look in the hall outside your door to see if there is a “doorbell” for your room. If so, use it to hear the sound so you’ll not to be alarmed when the hotel staff uses it instead of knocking at your door.
- Room keys must be turned in at the front desk whenever you leave the hotel.
- Usually, there is a power switch in the bathroom that must be turned on before there can be hot water.
- The AC will need to be turned on each time you re-enter the room.
- Expect to have to ask for toilet paper and towels.
- Don’t ask for too many things at one time. 1 roll of toilet paper, 4 bottles of water, and 2 towels can quickly become 2 bottles of water and 1 towel and no toilet paper. Be patient and helpful. If you can get bottled water another way then do that in order to focus on towels and toilet paper.
- Don’t worry about your passport and valuables in your rooms, but don’t leave them laying out. Hide them in your bags and zip your bags up before you leave.
- Don’t be loud in the hallways or lobby. You’re already a spectacle enough without becoming a bigger one.
- Expect the team to provide a multi-outlet power strip for you to use to charge mobile phones, etc.
- Most hotels have room service. If you don’t succeed in placing the order over the phone then have hotel staff come to the room so you can point out your order on the menu.
- Most hotels offer room cleaning services but you’ll have to give the front desk a key for this to happen.
Let’s go to India!
About Kevin White
Kevin White is a Christian pastor, international speaker, and an international best-selling author. As a writer, Kevin’s newest book, Audacious Generosity, is a best new Christian Book of 2020. Audacious Generosity was an instant international best seller in India and the United States of America. Audacious Generosity is the New Book to Read in 2021. Look for it among Christianity books on Amazon and everywhere books are sold. Kevin’s why for life is to extend access to Jesus to all people world-wide. Kevin loves to motivate people how to encounter the presence of God in their everyday life.
As a seasoned entrepreneur, Kevin has started and helped start hundreds of businesses, churches, and nonprofit organizations. Kevin is an expert in church leadership and business development. Kevin’s shepherd’s heart can be seen in his speaking and writing. He integrates Biblical principles and worship into everything he does. Kevin’s strategy is to help people transform into the likeness of Jesus. Find more from Kevin White including his blog, podcast shows, YouTube Channel, and Generously Blessed 1MM One Minute Motivational Series at https://kevinwhite.us
About Global Hope India
Kevin White is the Founder/Executive Director of Global Hope India, a Christian mission organization focused on sharing the gospel in India and among Indian Nationals world-wide. We facilitate virtual mission teams to India and short-term mission teams in-person in India. These teams empower the church in India with pastoral training, youth pastor training, children’s ministry, church planting strategy, church planting ministry, and medical missions.
Global Hope India is a Christian charity that raises funds for India. 92% of every dollar given benefits gospel outreach projects in India such as church planting, orphan care, clean water projects, bibles, medical clinics, etc. Our partners in India serve the Baptist mission in India, Church of God in India as well as independent Christian churches. We do one thing – advance the gospel in India. We do it in one way – through the local church in India. Join us today by praying for India, giving to God’s work in India and going virtually or in person to make disciples in India. Find out more information at https://globalhopeindia.org
GHI Resources & Contact Info:
Resource CenterGHI FacebookGHI Instagram: @globalhopeindiaGHI Twitter: @globalhopeindia