Stephen prayed, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.”Acts 7
55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7: 55-60
- The Church is bigger than we can see. Bigger in the future.
- If we can agree that God has been at work for the past thousands of years then surely we can find hope for the next 10 minutes.
- We need to remember that God can take today’s enemies and turn them into tomorrow’s co-laborers.
- Stephen forgave even while being killed.
- Here Saul is seeing the evil of his actions.
- Stephen said, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” what sin are we holding against others in our lives.
- Revisions to 2019 Annual Report
- Kevin was featured on Guys that Do Stuff Podcast.
- New monthly mission partners
- Favor with God and man
- LTD & MCML Podcast recordings
- Trip dates for 2020
- Fundraising for teams and programs