Expectations are important so let’s get ready for the mission trip of a lifetime!
EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO ENTER INDIA WITH:
- LOW EXPECTATIONS – You’re not in America. Be flexible not miserable. Be grateful not bitter.
- HIGH RESPECT – For spiritual authority of our partners in India, GHI staff, and your team leaders.
- BIG SERVANT’S HEART – Go to India to serve – not to be served.
- All GHI travelers are encouraged to involve GHI in any commitments made to partners or natives. It’s very easy to foster false hope and we need to be careful to offer realistic expectations.
- Team members need to understand that partnering organizations do not allow their staff & members to exchange contact information with our team members in order to defuse confusion and false expectations.
- Team members are discouraged from giving out personal phone numbers, email address, etc to friends in India or friending people from India on Facebook because you will be lovingly inundated by friends from India.
- Never entertain gossip. It is sinful! Gossip occurs when we entertain communication about someone without their knowledge or involvement. The biblical response is to directly address the person that is having the issue.
- Team members should inform GHI immediately if any inappropriate communication with a native occurs.
- NO ONE including adults allowed outside the presence of the team without ADVANCE notification/permission.
- NO STUDENT allowed outside the presence of an adult – period.
- Once at the hotel, leave your passport with your trip leader or in a secured, out-of-sight location in your hotel room. Do not carry your passport with you around India because it leaves more opportunity for it to be lost/stolen.
- Don’t invite theft in your hotel room. Keep money and valuables out of sight.
- Be extremely careful crossing the road. There are no pedestrian crosswalks. Traffic flows in all directions. When possible, get joined to the hip with a local.
- Please be very cautious about one-on-one contact with the opposite sex in India. Avoid prolonged eye contact and flirting.
- Guys – keep wallets in front pocket.
- Do not pet the animals. Look, photograph from a distance, but don’t touch!
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Review Medical Training and listen to Team Medical Leader
- Drink only sealed-top bottled water. Keep sharpie on you and mark your bottles. Stay hydrated –even when water is warm! Keep urine clear. While urine is dark color – drink lots of water. When head hurts – drink lots of water. Plan to drink water constantly at least 3 liters a day!
- Don’t use ice in soft drinks unless at name brand restaurants like McDonalds, etc.
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer or wet wipes BEFORE you touch your mouth or eyes or eat anything.
- Take Imodium as soon as you notice diarrhea or loose stool. Tell your leader right away.
- Immediately report fever, nausea, or obvious sickness to your trip leader, any adult leader.
- Don’t eat raw fruits or vegetables that can’t be peeled or washed first.
- Don’t eat food prepared by street vendors unless it is FRESH & HOT.
- Exercise daily, but don’t over do it.
- Review Coworkers in the Mission Bible Study
- Ministry starts with our team. Serve one another. Consider others as more important than yourself. Do to others as you’d have them do to you. Let natives be blown away by your love for each other.
- No gossip, no drama, no marriages – this is not about you!
- Bring conflict into the light and respond to it prayerfully and Biblically.
- Submission to authority expected at all times.
- Keep the main thing the main thing – Life in Christ is a gift worth sharing! Lost people go to hell so advance the Gospel at every opportunity.
Get ready for the mission trip of a lifetime!
About Kevin White
Kevin White is a Christian pastor, international speaker, and an international best-selling author. As a writer, Kevin’s newest book, Audacious Generosity, is a best new Christian Book of 2020. Audacious Generosity was an instant international best seller in India and the United States of America. Audacious Generosity is the New Book to Read in 2021. Look for it among Christianity books on Amazon and everywhere books are sold. Kevin’s why for life is to extend access to Jesus to all people world-wide. Kevin loves to motivate people how to encounter the presence of God in their everyday life.
As a seasoned entrepreneur, Kevin has started and helped start hundreds of businesses, churches, and nonprofit organizations. Kevin is an expert in church leadership and business development. Kevin’s shepherd’s heart can be seen in his speaking and writing. He integrates Biblical principles and worship into everything he does. Kevin’s strategy is to help people transform into the likeness of Jesus. Find more from Kevin White including his blog, podcast shows, YouTube Channel, and Generously Blessed 1MM One Minute Motivational Series at https://kevinwhite.us
About Global Hope India
Kevin White is the Founder/Executive Director of Global Hope India, a Christian mission organization focused on sharing the gospel in India and among Indian Nationals world-wide. We facilitate virtual mission teams to India and short-term mission teams in-person in India. These teams empower the church in India with pastoral training, youth pastor training, children’s ministry, church planting strategy, church planting ministry, and medical missions.
Global Hope India is a Christian charity that raises funds for India. 92% of every dollar given benefits gospel outreach projects in India such as church planting, orphan care, clean water projects, bibles, medical clinics, etc. Our partners in India serve the Baptist mission in India, Church of God in India as well as independent Christian churches. We do one thing – advance the gospel in India. We do it in one way – through the local church in India. Join us today by praying for India, giving to God’s work in India and going virtually or in person to make disciples in India. Find out more information at https://globalhopeindia.org
GHI Resources & Contact Info:
Resource CenterGHI FacebookGHI Instagram: @globalhopeindiaGHI Twitter: @globalhopeindia