By Pastor White, Founder/Executive Director, Global Hope India
|1 Corinthians 15: 1-8 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For this gospel I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.|
- The Gospel is to be received.
- Paul said, “this gospel I received”. Can you say you have received the gospel?
- What does it mean to receive the gospel? Paul says that the gospel is:
- that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
- that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
- and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
|The Gospel: |
Man has a problem: sin. Sin separates us from a holy God. (Romans 3:23
God had a plan: Jesus! Jesus died for sins once and for all (Romans 6:10-11)
We have a choice: come to God through Jesus or rebel in our sin. (Romans 6:23)
The bad news is something has to die because of my sins.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be me.
The Gospel is: Jesus in my place!
Have you received the gospel?
- The Gospel is to be passed on.
- The gospel is meant to be shared – reproduced – multiplied!
- Every follower of Christ is needed in passing on the gospel.
- Do you pass on the gospel? (PASTORS: Do your people know how to share the gospel?)
- GHI’s gospel bracelet is an easy tool for passing on the gospel. We want to make sure to pass on the gospel and not just distribute gospel bracelets. Always share the scripture points. Faith comes by hearing! Make the bracelet together. Clearly explain the gospel. Share your personal reality of “Jesus in my place”. Invite them to receive the gospel. Say, “I want to teach you a simple prayer I used to take Jesus only as my personal Savior and Lord”. Have them repeat the sinner’s prayer with you.
|The Sinner’s Prayer:|
“Dear God,Thank you for sending Jesusto die for my sins. I agree that I am a sinner.I ask you to forgive me of my sins.Come into my life.Fill me with your Spirit.Make me the personyou created me to be. From this day forwardI choose to follow you. I promise to go where you say goand do what you say do.In Jesus name I pray. Amen.”
Celebrate decisions for Christ! Praise the Lord!
Do you & your people actively pass on the gospel?
- The Gospel is of first importance!
- Paul said: this gospel I received I passed on to you as of first importance.
- Do you value the gospel as much as God does?
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son.
- Mark 8:36 – And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?
- Life is full of things to receive and pass on. Always make sure the gospel is first!
- GHI does 1 thing and that is serve the local church in India for the advancement of the gospel.
- Is the gospel of first importance to you?