Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wickedPsalm 1:1-6
or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers
4 Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.Matthew 6:25-34
- Who are we listening to?
- Are we listening to what God says about our day, our life, our needs, or are we listening to what the world says?
- Who is our influence?
- What are we seeking?
- God promises to watch over us.
- Psalms 1 identifies God’s path of blessing.
Delight in the word of the Lord and meditate on the Word.
There is no need to worry about tomorrow.
Seek first the presence of God and live righteously and God will add all the other things.
Trust God for a life of peace and blessing.
Do not entertain a spirit of fear.
- Wisdom for 2019 Annual Report
- Last week God gave us the ability to share funds with the Church in India for pastor support, church construction, leader development, orphan care, and educational assistance for children.
- Barts Coaching – Kevin’s book
- Volunteer for the concert
- Continual development on the GHI Resource Center page
- Hyderabad Interest meeting
- Freedom from fear for India and others related to the Coronavirus and other harms.
- Comfort for family in India whose father passed away. They have very young children and need prayer over finances.
- Favor with God and man
- Favor with Church Leaders
- Volunteers for the concert
- LTD & MCML Podcast recordings
- Trip dates for 2020
- February tasks
- The Church in India